Thursday, February 7, 2008

I Won!!

So, a few weeks ago at work, the stores' manager asked me if I would be willing to be a nominee for the health and safety board.. The voting was to take place over a 3 week period.. I had secretly been thinking about the postition, but didn't say anything, so I accepted right away.. I was really flattered, but didn't expect to win.. I was up against 3 other store employees' all of whom had been there at least twice as long as me.. So yesterday I'm at work and I get a call from the owner of the store telling me that I'd won!! I'm so pleased!! So I'm now a member of the Health and Safety board.. Yay!! lol!! I don't plan on staying at my job forever, but I do plan to do the best job I can while I'm there.. Also, I figure something like this, along with being in customer service will look great on a resume someday..

Today is a much needed day off for me.. I plan on staying in my PJ's the majority of the day, and I'm thinking about getting into some Buffy here in a little while.. lol!! We're supposed to get up to 10 cm of snow today, so it's a good day to be snuggly and warm inside.. Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!! :-)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yay! Jen, that's fantastic!!! They love you (as they should) and you are right, do the best you can!! That's fabulous!!

I am so jealous of Jammie day PLUS Buffy!!! I just rewatched all 7 seasons recently...start to finish...I had only seen the 7th season once...love it!

Vanessa said...

Congrats! That's awesome :)

John Rambo's Wife said...

Jen! You've lost 11 pounds already! That is fantastic. :) I'm so excited to keep up with your blog again. Enjoy your jammie day.