Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Very Sad Valentines Day


I had planned to post a very cheery Valentines post to everyone in blog land.. Sure, I'm single, but any excuse to celebrate is always a good thing in my opinion.. So I get up this morning and my Mom tells me that Nicole Howard has died.. She's the daughter of a fellow member of our church.. I of coarse was heart broken for him, and his family.. He's a wonderful man and I really felt for him and regreted his loss.. My mom wanted me to sign into my Facebook account so she could see a picture of Nicole, to see if she recognized her.. She's a Deacon in our church and thought Nicole may have visited us some Sunday in the past.. So there I am signing into my Facebook, and on my home page is a group started in Nicole's memory.. I click on the page and up comes the beautiful face of one of my coworkers.. A girl who I often would stop to chat with and whom only two days before had been grinning and waving at me as she passed by my department.. I felt like someone had kicked me in the stomach.. How can this beautiful young life be over so quickly?? She had been going down the stairs to her basement.. She must've stepped wrong because she fell, something that has happened to all of us at some point in our lives.. Only for her, it would be a fatal fall.. Her life over, just like that.. I can't help but wonder what must've gone through her head as it happened, which is something we should never wonder.. So instead I'm going to remember that beautiful smile and cheery spirit.. Farewell, Nicole, we'll miss you!

5 comments:

Jen said...

Oh Jen...I am so sorry to hear that...that is just awful news and I feel for her family!!

*big hugs* just think happy thoughts today sweetie...

Amanda said...

i'm so sorry to hear about that *hugs* that is so sad.

ElleBee said...

I'm sorry so to hear about this (And sorry for the late response.)

Shrunk said...

(((BIG SQUEEZE))) What terrible news. I am so sorry :O(

Selena Ann said...

Hi, I just found your blog. It would appear that you haven't posted anything in a year. I'm wondering how you are doing. I felt connected, I too am struggling with an ongoing weight issue.