Sunday, January 27, 2008

Chinese Food

During my previous 'attempts' to loose weight on the Weight Watchers program, I never ate Chinese food.. I always figured that it would be WAY too high in points for me unless I used all my points, and I usually saved that pleasure for pizza.. Recently a friend and I got together for her birthday lunch and she wanted Chinese food.. I saved all my flex points, and the majority of my daily points for this meal, thinking it would be stupendous.. As I was eating I kept an eye on my serving sizes so I could check the points out later at home.. I was SHOCKED to see that my entire 'splurge meal' come to a whopping 14 points!! Okay, for some of you who are eating a lower amount of points per day due to their KICKASS weightloss, 14 may seem like a lot.. I get to eat 33 points a day, so this was a normal meal for me, well, close to one anyway. I was amazed! Then last night, I decided to have it again, I had lots of flex and daily points left for it.. I pigged out!! I got the hot and sour soup (this one shocked me the most!! 1 cup = 2 pts!!!), I got chinese noodles, singapore style with nothing but the noodles (3/4 c = 3pts), steamed rice (1/2 c = 2pts), chinese veggies with seafood (1 c = 4pts) and a veggie spring roll (3pts).. Is this not insane?? Okay, so the best part?? I woke up this morning and stepped on the scale, just to check out the damage (I have a couple of days left before weigh in), and I was down!!! I'm gonna eat Chinese ALL the time!!!! :-)

3 comments:

Jen said...

OOOOOOOOOH YUMMY!!!

I am always terrified to eat Chinese because we (usually if we are eating with either of our parents) order a ton of stuff and I usually just take one of EVERYTHING even if I don't LOVE it...although if it's just Danny and I we each order a combo plate thingy and pack away half...perhaps I should stick to just eating Chinese with Danny...or fly to Ontario again and eat it with you!! (I LOVE ONTARIO NOW!!)

ElleBee said...

That is awesome!! I think its really in the choices you made too there wasn't too much fried stuff on your plate. For me I stopped getting the fried rice, egg rolls, deep fried chicken balls and now stick with chicken chow mein and veggie springs rolls. It works well b/c you can still indulge with everyone else and eat yummy Chinese!

Sarah ♥ said...

I Totally 100% agree - Chinese food is NOT the WW devil that everyone thinks it is!! My only suggestion, chug-a-lug a TON of water because most stuff is PACKED with sodium (I think that's what makes it taste so good LOL)