Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Frustrated

I cannot believe that it's been 12 days since I've blogged!!! That's almost 2 weeks!! Wtf?? lol! Seriously it feels like it's been a week or something.. I'm getting pretty frustrated with my job.. It's like I'm tired ALL the time! And it's messing with some of my relationships because after having people complain to you all day the very last thing you feel like doing is talking to more people! I know there's a difference, between bitchy customers and loving friends, but it's almost like my brain turns to mush the second I walk out of there! Which has brought me to my week of contemplation.. There's very little else for me to do where I'm living.. There isn't a college, there's factory work, but working on an assembly line isn't something that would make me happy.. And that's what I'm looking for in all this, happiness, and also the ability to support myself comfortably.. So yesterday, after realizing that I can't do this job forever, I applied to Esthetics at St. Lawrence college in Kingston.. I'd taken it before but was unable to finish my placement hours because of illness (long story).. So I know I'll enjoy it, it's a 10 month program and it's in a city that is home to me, where my bestfriend lives.. So keep your fingers crossed for me!! I haven't completely decided yet, I just kind of reached a breaking point and needed to make a move in a positive direction.. I feel badly for not including all of you in my thoughts over this, but I'm the type that closes up when faced with a difficult decision or situation..

On to the weight thing.. The frustration is here too!! There's something about the nice weather that sends my decipline flying out the window!! lol!! So that's definitly something I need to get back under control, especially if I'm going back to school, I'm gonna need me some confidence!!!

Oh, and the big thing that was going on the last time I posted was a baby shower!! One of my bestfriends is expecting in early July, so my other bf and I threw her a bigass baby shower!!! That's why I wasn't around much during that time, every day off was spent planning or shopping.. I'm SOO glad it's over, and also glad that it went so well!! :-) I'll see about posting some pics soon!!

Hope you're all doing well! I miss you all so much! :-(

6 comments:

Amanda said...

i'm glad to see you back again, i was missing you!!! i'm so jealous that you applied for esthetics, i would love to do that! good luck, i'm sure you'll do awesome!!! i agree with the nice weather and the discipline being gone, i've been like that for a few weeks, but now i've kicked my butt back into gear! definitely post some pics from the shower!!!

Sarah ♥ said...

I am SO proud of you, Jen! What a wonderful decision you have made for yourself, so mature and awesome :D I'm so excited!! I'll come to you to fill all my aesthetic needs, and believe me, I have a LOT :P

I hope you get accepted in the program :D And my motivation is flying out the window off into the beautiful sunshine!! You're not alone :)

Jen said...

HEY GIRLY!!!!

That is a WONDERFUL decision for you!!! I love esthetics and if there was somewhere for me to do it here, I would have!! Or hair...I love stuff like that!!! I hope you get accepted!!!

I hear you on the good weather and motivation...I always have been a big fruit eater in the summer, but also an EVERYTHING ELSE eater!!! I LOVE caesars (the drink) on warm days...but I don't just like singles...and I can't just drink one!!! It is very frustrating!!!

You can do it though!!!

And what a lucky friend to have you to throw her such a kick ass party!!! I hope you had fun!!!

*big hugs*

marie said...

do what makes you happy, jen! finding a new career path and taking some courses that you are interested in sounds like a great way to achieve just that - and in an environment where you're comfortable - awesome!


i hope it all works out!!

Angela Power said...

Hi Jen, good to see ya posting!

Applying to esthetics sounds just wonderful and a good decision!

Shrunk said...

Phew...you scared me not posting for so long. Glad to see you're still stickin' around :O)