Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-)

Had my WI today!! And I'm down 3, yes ladies and gentlemen I said 3, fricken' pounds!! I'm SOOO happy right now! That's 5 lbs in the last two weeks!! I'm figuring I'll stay the same or have a little gain next week, but that's okay! As long as I have the odd good WI I'll be a happy camper!! :-) Last night was Belly Dancing.. It was about the middle of class and we were practicing our front and back (they have a fancier name), figure 8's and my teacher starts coming over!! I'm WAY at the back of the class, so all these thoughts start flying through my head.. "Is she coming over here?", "nooo she'll go the other way", "wait a second she IS coming over here!", "maybe she's coming to talk to the girl beside me", "OH NO she's coming to talk to me!", "what am I doing wrong???" lol! It was like high school all over again!! But it was all good.. She came over to me and whispered quietly about how beautiful my figure 8 was! And she said, "seriously, I noticed it all the way across the room, beautiful job." I was stoked!! Now, this was only my 3rd belly dancing class, so I'm still at the point where NOTHING feels right to me.. I do what she says and follow her movements and HOPE that I'm doing it right.. So her feedback was SO confidence building for me!! She's a great teacher! LOVE bellydancing!! :-)

8 comments:

John Rambo's Wife said...

WAY TO GO! on both your WI and your figure 8s! Move those hips baby! Seriously, apparently that is one of the most attractive things ever! I wasn't particularly impressed with mine until the other day DBF sheepishly admitted that he REALLY likes my round hips!! hahahahaha!!

So there...lol! You are doing so well jen! There is no reason to see a gain next week! Keep it up and you're just gonna keep losing.

ElleBee said...

Wow!! Congrats on your WI, 3 lbs is awesome - keep up your hard work.

Belly dancing sounds neat, makes me want to try it!

jen999 said...

You should both try it!! I'm not sure if there are classes around you, but if there are even just sit in on one to see if you'd like it.. The day after belly dancing I feel like I would the day after some weight training because it centers on certain muscle groups and works them.. It's great! I think you'd love it!! And Kathryn, I'm sure DBF would love it too!! hee hee.. ;-)

Amanda said...

congrats on the loss!!! you're doing so awesome!!! i would love to try belly dancing, i imagine it would really make you feel good about yourself, since you are doing sexy moves!!!! i'm jealous of you guys though, i have no hips!!! you'd think after having 2 kids i would some kinda figure! alas, it's all in my tummy LOL!!!!!!!!

Pam, the belly dancing queen said...

Good for you! Keep up the belly dancing--it's a great workout AND it's great for your self-esteem! It's my favourite thing to do!

John Rambo's Wife said...

Been missing you on the boards lately!! Hope to see you around soon and that everything is going well!!

Amanda said...

hey! i just wanted to let you know that i changed the address to my blog it's the same thing but just add ww at the end of it (ahomefullofloveww.blogspot.com).
there were just some family members reading it that i felt it was a little too personal. so now i've made the original one just about family stuff. sorry for the hassle!!
amanda

jen999 said...

Thanks for the heads up, Amanda!!! And it's no trouble at all!!

One of these days I have to figure out how to add the links to the blogs of you lovely ladies, somewhere on my blog!

~jen..