Saturday, March 24, 2007

Ahhh, the weekend..

I feel like I haven't posted in forever!!! Yesterday before work I wanted to, but was having internet connection problems, so I didn't even get to check anyone elses blog!! Grrr.. I worked until 9pm last night and was SOOO stressed out when I got home because I had THE WORST customer in the world.. Even bigger Grrrr.. So here I am and it's already Saturday and I feel SO out of touch with blogland! lol!!

Thankfully I have the weekend off work.. My Mom's birthday is tomorrow, so tonight we're having my Aunt, Uncle and Grandma over for dinner.. I'm making a huge pot of veggie spaghetti (made with ground soy instead of ground beef).. With lots of garlic and fresh mushrooms.. It's great too because that recipe is completly points friendly.. I'm making them loaves of garlic bread with lots of garlic butter and regular mozza cheese on top.. They'll also have lots of fresh parm for their pasta.. I'm not sure if I'll just use a little fresh parm or go with my already grated Kraft parm.. lol!! For desert we're having fresh fruit, and I'm making a cool whip dip with lemon jello crystals mixed in for flavor.. It's awesome, and the cool whip is light, so I'm going to make a little with my sugar free jello too.. All in all it should be a very point friendly evening for me.. Except for the gallon of wine I'm planning on drinking.. hehe.. Not really a gallon, but quite a few glasses anyway.. I LOVE red wine and I never let myself have it, so it's my treat for the week.. Tomorrow afternoon we're having cake for her at my Grandma's house, and I of coarse, will bring my own seperate little treat to have while they're eating yummy cake..

It's funny though, you'd think that I'd be feeling cheated, or sad because I can't eat everything they can eat.. But I totally don't! It's all worth it to me.. And my birthday w/e in Kingston is coming up soon and I don't plan on counting the entire time I'm away.. I'm cool with the 2, 3 or 4 pounds that I'll put on, and then I'll work hard the next week to take it all off.. It's keeping me on track knowing that I can have my own cake soon.. :-)

Hope everyone is having an awesome weekend!!! I'm determined to get all caught up with each and every one of your blogs very soon!! :-)

4 comments:

meredi said...

Wow, that sounds like a wonderful meal tonight -- I'm sure everyone will just swoon! (I bet they won't believe how healthy it is for them either!)

Also, good for you on the bringing your own treat thing -- that is amazing. I don't think I would have the strength to eat something else while others are eating cake, regardless of whether my bday was coming up soon or not! :)

Angela Power said...

You got it together girl, awesome! You're doing soooo well!

Shrunk said...

I love that you don't feel cheated for choosing the healthier options (bringing your own treat). I've always felt that way too. You are doing so well! I can't wait for the day you reach goal. I know you're going to do it :O)

Amanda said...

that sounds like a fun time with your family! and i love that you don't feel cheated by not being able to eat everything that they are! that cool whip sounds yummy!!!! hope you had a great time!