Sunday, March 11, 2007

My New Mini~Goal



I think it's important for us to set smaller goals for ourselves along our weightloss journey, smaller goals that we can celebrate when we've reached them.. I think it makes the journey itself a little shorter.. Anyway, today when I got home from work I decided that it was time to once again, pull out some old jeans and see how close I am to fitting into them.. I'm still quite a while away from being able to, and I knew that going into it.. About a month ago I tried them on and could barely get them up over my ass.. Well, this time they fit my legs and my butt, but wouldn't even come close to fitting over the spare tire.. lol!! Darn thing, deflate already!!!!!!!!! So these are my new 'mini goal'.. Right now I wear a plus size 22 (stretch). These babies are Old Navy (regular) size 20's.. And they haven't fit me in over 4 years.. The next time you see them, I'll be wearing'em!! Mark my words!! lol!! I'm gonna make'em my bitch!! hee hee.. :-)

5 comments:

Angela Power said...

Mini goals are really the only way to go! When I first started, I was a 22. It won't be long before you fit into those 20's and toss em for an 18!

Amanda said...

hey! i just got a comment on my blog from you on the feb 27th post. sometimes i had that happen where i wouldn't think someone was posting because new posts didn't show up, just click refresh and they should. i've posted almost everyday since then! hope that works :)

Amanda said...

i think that setting mini goals is a great idea! and like angie said, you'll toss them out and be in 18's! i can't wait to see you in them!!!!!

jen999 said...

Thanks, girls!! I honestly cannot wait to be able to wear them! I wish they'd fit me for my 30th birthday, but that's April 9th, and way too soon.. But hopefully in the summer sometime! :-)

meredi said...

Mini-goals are definitely the way to go, and that one sounds great! Imagine that, fitting into clothing you haven't fit into for over 4 years... that totally rocks. And you're so close! :) Go Jen, Go Jen, Go Jen...