Friday, March 30, 2007

Yummiest Brekkie/Lunch EVER!!

Morning bloggers!!! It's an okay day here in Eastern, Ont., the sun is trying really hard to come out which is great!! For a little while there I thought I actually 'would' be working the Garden Center in the rain.. lol!!

I don't talk much about what I eat on here, for some reason it's still a private thing for me, I don't really get why, but I don't think I could post what I eat everyday.. Anyway, I don't mind posting about the odd, really yummy, meal.. This morning for breakfast I toasted a whole wheat english muffin, sprayed it with the Becel cooking/topping spray, used two veggie salami slices, one on each side of the eng muffin.. Divided one No Name light cheese slice (these are really good, they taste exactly like Kraft but cheaper, MUCH better than Black Diamond too), between the two halves.. Here's the good part.. I bought these little cartons of egg whites, and they're really yummy!! Who needs yolks?? Not this chick.. So for 8 tbsp it's only 1 point!! I used the Becel spray in a shitty non stick pan, and divided the eggs between the two eng muffin halves, on top of the cheese, and it was AWESOME!!!! And only 4.5 points.. The two veggie salami slices are only .5 points, so that's a REALLY good deal.. Now, I love these things, I use them on sammiches too.. I think that you might like them with eggs, and they're a lower point alternative.. They're made by Eyves, yeah I'm probably spelling that wrong, but I don't have time to go check!! lol!!

Thanks for all your comments yesterday!! :-) And have a great Friday!!

15 comments:

Angela Power said...

Well that combo sounds very very good and thanks for sharing it! That's an awesome breakfast/lunch for 4.5!

But Jen, you absolutely don't have to or feel obligated to share your menu with the world if you are not comfortable with it. I started doing it only about a month ago because it helped me maintain focus on the planning aspect that I was lacking and influencing my results. It has helped me in that way. Plus, I only post my planned menu up to my daily points target. Other than this week for birthday reasons, I always use flex on top of it.

You are doing great doin what your doin!

Jen said...

You are TOO cute!!!!

And I agree, you NEVER have to tell anybody how you spend your points or what you are eating...I snack A LOT...I RARELY post what I am using my flex points on because I used to binge a lot in secret...and I still KIND of do that...I am WAY better, and I count it, but it is definitely not anybody's business...especially when you are used to being judged (I KNOW that nobody around here would judge me, but it's a hard mentality to get out of!!!)

My big problem is that I eat a LOT of processed foods...I would say they are about 1/4 of my food intake, and if I say stuff like that on the GDT I get blasted for it!!!
I post my menu to keep me accountable...but I still "tweak" it at times!!!

I don't know, now I am rambling...I don't need to know what you eat, I will read your blog religiously no matter what!!!
*hug*

John Rambo's Wife said...

Hey Jen Jen. How are you? Been missing you lately. Sorry I haven't been posting much. Sounds like you are doing superdeeduper on WW! I need someone to kick my butt into gear again. :P Thanks for always posting on my blog. You are a true blue WW buddy. Yay! for WW!!

Catch on the GDT

Shrunk said...

I'm so going to try that breakfast :O)

Amanda said...

hey hun! that breakfast does sound yummy!!! and like the other ladies said, don't feel like you have to post your menu, i didn't for the longest time and i only did while i was on wendie to help me keep op. i always changed it from what i posted and i rarely posted the changes. i know i don't eat enough f&v and i eat some processed foods that a lot of people wouldn't think were good but i don't care, it's working for me! and it's working for you so don't feel like you have to!!!! have a great day!!!

Angela Power said...

Jeeeeeeeeen...what are you up to lately? Miss you and you're awesome posts!

Vanessa said...

Veggie salami slices...those sound good! I wonder if they'd be tasty cut up and placed on a pizza...

I agree about the menu posting too...I don't like to post what I eat all the time. I've tried it before, and it just doesn't work for me :).

Amanda said...

hey girl!!! where have you been??? we all miss you!!!! i hope your wi went well!!!!

Angela Power said...

Jen, are you okay hun? What's shakin'?

marie said...

where are you?

Amanda said...

jen!!!!! i just wanted to post a happy birthday to you!!! i hope you are having a great time at home and i can't wait to here how it went!!!! miss you :o)

Shrunk said...

Ok, some of us are starting to get worried about you. Where are you? You haven't been around the boards, or the blogs. Everything OK? I sure hope so! Please check in soon :O)

Sarah ♥ said...

Jeeeennnnnnn oh JEEEENNNN! WHERE ARE YOOOOUUU?

Seriously, hun! I'm worried about you! Where are you! I miss your wonderful happy posts on my blog :(

Hope everything is OK for you!
Sarah

Shrunk said...

:O((((((((((

Sarah ♥ said...

Ok, you have got to start posting on your blog again, hun... i'm bored and you're not giving me anything to read!! :P

Seriously, though - I wish you would post again! I miss you!!