Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Kind of Annoyed

So I have the day off work today, and I had all of these great plans! I was going to eliptical, and then start a strength training routine that I would do along with the eliptical on each day off work.. I was all psyched about it because weigh in is on Thursday and I thought, what an awesome time to start this!! I keep hearing from people that it's bad to workout the day before a weigh in, so I thought Wednesday would be out for that reason.. I was SO excited! I even got help from Shaunna (thank you!!) deciding what weight my dumbells should be to start off with.. So then I wake up this morning and I feel like crapola!! lol!! I'm just blah.. And I'm afraid that I'd passout if I did any of the things I was excited about.. Grr!!! So instead I'm going to blog, spend some time on the GDT and download some music for my new toy.. Oh, and I'll probably take a LONG nap later!!

My question to you fine people is this, what are your opinions on working out the day before a WI?? Because if I'm feeling better tomorrow I may want to get on the eliptical for a little bit, or at least do the weight training thing.. Any thoughts?

6 comments:

Jen said...

Hey!!!

I hate that you are feeling like crap...and it always sucks working out when you don't feel good to start with!!! Hopefully you will start to feel better by the end of the day and can maybe get something in!!!

I have never really thought about working out the day before WI, I have done it and I haven't really paid attention to what the scale said as a result...hm...so, my point is, I am really not much help at all!!! *laughs*

But I HAD to leave a comment either way!!!!

Amanda said...

aw, sorry you don't feel well. that always sucks when you have plans and then it gets screwed up because of feeling like crap.

i usually don't work out before a wi, mainly because i wi on monday's and i take the weekends off. but i have before and i haven't really had a huge difference. i have heard that when you work out sometimes your body can retain some water but that usually applies to weight stuff. i wouldn't think that doing the elliptical would affect it too much. hope this helps!

marie said...

everyone will have a different opinion...

personally, i never noticed a difference. I would work out on a sunday (running and weight training with free weights) no problem and WI on a monday, but each person is different.

Hope you feel better :)

Angela Power said...

poooey...I hate feeling blah! I hope you start to feel better today.

I am currently not in a position to have meaningful workouts just yet, so I can't comment on whether or not it makes a difference. I can't wait to work out!!! I bet you never heard people say that often! lol

Sarah ♥ said...

Jen

Sorry to hear you're feeling crappy :( I know how blah a cold can make you feel. Don't worry about getting your workout in today, it might be dangerous! As for doing it tomorrow I don't see why that would be a problem. You may retain some water, but I would go for it!! If this is something you're going to keep up for life, you'll be FINE!!!

Sarah

meredi said...

Hey Jen - sorry to hear you weren't feeling so well today, but it's good that you listened to what your body was telling you and took it easy!

As for working out, I work out every Monday night and weigh in every Tuesday night, and I've never had any issues. As Angie said in her latest post, it all evens out in the end, so I wouldn't worry about it too much! Just do whatever works for your schedule :)